Welcome to our Pet Evac Pak Custom Kit page. We understand that a lot of us could not stop with just one pet… This page is a work in progress and would love your feedback. But in the meantime to start building your custom pack here are a few essential recommendations. Most government agencies recommend you have a minimum of 72 hours of supplies for your pets and a minimum of 5-days, worth of their medications
Our recommended “must have” in your to-go-bag
- 2 pets start with a backpack, if you have multiple pets the 30” Roller bag will handle up to 50 lbs. of supplies. That is about 3 to 6 pets, the 36” will handle about 60lbs and up to 8 to 10 pets. If you have smaller pets under 16 lbs. you might want to look at adding a Hideaway carrier so you can use it as a backpack to put your pet in, and you can carry them out on your back to get out quickly.
- Food – we recommend 1 – 8oz bag for every per 22 lbs. of your pet’s body weight for every 72 hours, example if your pet weighs 50 lbs., we recommend 3 – 8 oz bags of 5-year shelf life Mayday emergency food. You know your pet so if you have a very active animal then you might want an extra bag of food.
- Water –A good general guideline is that a healthy dog should drink between ½ and 1 ounce of water per pound of body weight each day. Our Mayday 5-year shelf life water is 4.225 oz per bag so you would need 6 to 12 bags per day.
- 1 slip lead per pet based on size 3/8” for under 30 lbs. and 1/2” for over 30 lbs.
- 2 bowls per pet, 1 for food, and 1 for water.
- First Aid Kit – 1 for every 2-3 pets
- Mylar blankets 1 per pet (these will hold in 90% of their body heat should they get wet or cold)
- Led Clip-on Lights – 1 per pet
- Waterproof pouch – 1 for every 2-3 animals. These are great for keeping documentation and medications dry.
- ID card – 1 for every 2 pets or you can print a list of your pets and attach it to the ID card
- Waste Disposal Bags – 1 roll for every 2 pets
- Cats – Litterbox, litter, and scoop – Depending on your cats if they share
- First aid brochure -1
- Toys – 1 per pet (If they have a favorite toy, we would encourage you to add a dedicated one to this go-bag).
Don’t’ forget to add a copy of your pet’s shot records and any medications. Fill out the ID card once you receive it. A photo of you and your pet is great for identification and should be included as well. If your pet has food allergies and you need to use your own pet food make sure you check the expiration dates and mark your calendar to rotate the food to keep it fresh. Again, this is a starting point and we encourage you to customize for your pet’s needs. If you have 3 pet’s we find the 30” roller bag is perfect for 3 pets and 2 people. If you need help please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by phone 775-499-5626 and we can help you with your custom pack.