All-natural and safe for any of your pets. Multi-tasker for minor cuts, lacerations, abrasions, 1st, and 2nd-degree burns, and skin irritations. It cools and soothes.
Evaluated in standard tests that show that it can reduce the levels of common microorganisms, including Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Escherichia Coli, MRSA, and VRE, as well as fungi such as Candida albicans and Aspergillus niger. (USP <51>).
- Provides a layer of protection that lasts up to 3 days
- No stinging, staining, or sticking
- No alcohol, petroleum products, or sulfa compounds
- Chloride free and unscented
Indications for Use — First Aid Management of:
- Minor Cuts
- 1st and 2nd Degree Burns
- Skin Irritations
- Some things that may cause skin irritations: Skin allergies, fungi, chafing, insect bites, hot spots and heat
- Some things that may cause lacerations: Accidents, grooming cuts, and animal bites
- Some things that may cause minor cuts: Slivers and plant thorns
- Some things that may cause abrasions: Scrapes, animal scratches, and lick granuloma
- Some things that may cause 1st and 2nd degree burns: sun damage and grooming burns
Directions for Use:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before touching the wound.
- Carefully clean the wound using soap and water or an appropriate commercial brand of wound cleanser.
- Dispense Silver Biotics Pet Vet onto an appropriate clean applicator (such as a tongue depressor or gauze) in a sufficient amount to liberally cover the wound. Cover the gel with an appropriate secondary dressing cover such as a gauze bolster, dressing wrap, film or non-woven adhesive secondary dressing.
Changing the Dressing:
- Carefully remove the secondary dressing from the wound.
- Residual Silver Biotics Pet Vet may be removed with the cover dressing.
- Follow “Directions For Use” to re-apply the gel.
Frequency of Change:
- Silver Biotics Pet Vet should normally be changed every 24 hours to 72 hours, but the frequency will depend on the type and condition of the wound.
- Consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or questions about the wound.
- Be alert for signs of wound infection. These can include: Pus or cloudy fluid draining from the wound, Increased redness around the wound, Wound has become extremely tender, Increased pain or swelling 48 hours after the wound occurred, Onset of fever, OR Wound has not healed within 10 days from the date of the injury
- Silver Biotics Pet Vet is designed for use on any part of your pet’s body except oral or ophthalmic use. Consult a Veterinarian before using the gel in any other manner.
- Store at room temperature.
- Independent studies have shown SilverSol Technology to be up to 10x more effective than products containing up to 3,000ppm silver.
- Main ingredient: 24 ppm Proprietary Silver Solution (purified water, nano-silver at .01 micron).
- Other ingredients: TEA, Carbomer.