07 Sep National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month
We, here, at Pet Evac Pak, want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that we all need to be prepared for any emergency, and that should include our pets. Disasters and emergencies happen and it’s important to plan ahead.
This month let’s make a plan, practice our plan, build or buy survival kits for ourselves, our families and our pets.
- It’s a great time to learn a lifesaving skill. Click here to learn about CPR for pets.
- Know what disasters can occur in your area, plan evacuation routes.
- Sign up to get a free step by step guide to prepare your pet.
- Then, on September 15th, put your plan into action on National Day of Action!
- Click here to watch a great video about how Hurricane Katrina changed the way pets are evacuated during disasters, resulting in modifications to rules and federal laws.
Tell us how you have prepared your pet for the next emergency. We want to hear your ideas and experiences. Let’s all make sure we have a plan that includes our pets.